Conflicts of interest
IQWiG's assessments are professionally independent. External experts participating in IQWiG's assessments are therefore obliged to disclose contacts (particularly with industry).
Information to be disclosed
- paid employment, self-employed and voluntary activities
- consultancy activities
- financial support received for research activities and patent applications
- payments received
- other financial or cash-value payments
- the possession of shares, share options or other company shares
- any other circumstances that, from the point of view of an impartial observer, may be assessed as conflict of interest
An obligation for disclosure exists for
- external experts involved in IQWiG's assessments
- patients or other persons affected involved in establishing patient-relevant outcomes
Documents on conflicts of interest
Different forms for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest are available for different kinds of participation.
Form for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest
Version: Benefit assessment
This form is aimed at applicants for collaboration in IQWiG products (with the exception of early benefit assessments according to §35a Social Code Book V).
Sample: Form for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest
Version: Early benefit assessment (§35a)
This form is aimed at applicants for collaboration in early benefit assessments of drugs according to §35a Social Code Book V.